Gianna Detoni AFBCI
Thanks to her experience of over thirty years in a leading international Bank, J.P.Morgan Chase, Gianna Detoni is among the best experts in international techniques of Business Management and Risk Resiliency. Having covered important international roles in the Bank, including Technology & Operations Manager, EMEA Resiliency Risk Manager, Operational Risk Manager, in 2007 Gianna assumed the role of International Risk Resiliency Manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa within the function of Corporate Security. In 2009, Gianna founded PANTA RAY and created the Crisis, Business Continuity and Organizational Fraud Management program to offer advice and methodologies to companies and institutions. In 2009, Gianna Detoni became Chairman of HI CARE Association - Human & Infrastructure Crisis in Emergency Aid & Rescue, a network of Companies and professionals that proactively share the difficulties of Security and Crisis Management, and have the mission of Social Continuityâ. In 2014, she was nominated Leader of the Business Continuity Institute Italian Forum.
Gianna is one of the few figures in Italy with internationally recognized advanced certifications: CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) with the Disaster Recovery Institute and the AFBCI (Associate Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute). Recently, in her role as certified trainer of the BCI, she also assisted in the creation of the new edition of the Good Practice Guidelines 2013 of the BCI and she is mentioned as one of the Contributors.
She is member of several Security Association as well as a member of the Scientific Committee of OSDIFE (Observatory on the Security and the Defense CBRNe). She contributed in the UNI Commission for the development of the new revised Norm UNI 10459, related to the definition of the figure of the Security Professional. She was requested by UNI to be part of the ISO Technical Committee 223.
Gianna is Professor of Business Continuity and Crisis Management for the Master Course in Risk Management of the Faculty of Economics, University of Verona and Professor of Enterprise Risk Management for the Master Courses for Security Managers and Business Intelligence of the University of Tor Vergata in Rome.
Gianna Detoni presented the organizational models of Risk Resiliency in the most influential conferences and round tables in Italy and worldwide, and maintains regular contact with major international organizations dealing with crises such as the Office of Emergency Management in New York and academic excellence in the Crisis, Management field.
She is the author of many articles on Crisis Management and Business Continuity and was requested a few times to contribute to authorative books written by Risk or Security Managers, by inserting a few chapters on those subjects.
Activities, Certifications and Publications:
- Founder and Chairman of the HI CARE Association (Human & Infrastructure – Crisis Aid and Rescue in Emergency).
- Founder and Managing Director of PANTA RAY.
- Leader of the Business Continuity Institute Italian Forum.
- Professor of Crisis Management and Business Continuity in the Master Course in Risk Management of the Faculty of Economics at the Verona University.
- Professor of Enterprise Risk Management in the Master Course of Security Management and Business Intelligence held by the University of Tor Vergata in Rome, Milan and Bari.
- Member of the Scientific Comittee of OSDIFE – (Osservatorio sulla Sicurezza e la Difesa CBRNe).
- AIAS Representative in the UNI Commission reviewing the professional role of the Security Manager (UNI10459).
- Certified Business Continuity Professional of the Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) – USA.
- Certified Associate Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute (AFBCI).
- Certified Trainer of the Business Continuity Institute.
- Certified Assessor of Business Excellence of the European Foundation for Quality Management in the Business Improvement Program.
- Contributor with a chapter on Crisis Management - for the book Risk Management – How to Assess, Transfer and Communicate Critical Risks, by the Professors Antonio Borghesi and Barbara Gaudenzi, (edited by Springer).
- Contributor with a chapter on the Business Continuity Management System - for the book Risk Management – Competencies and knowledge of an unique process –by Prof. Cavadini and Prof. Lucietto of the University of Verona.