Duncan Ford OBE, MBCI, MCGI, CDipAF
A Business Continuity Management/Contingency Planning expert with over 20 years experience in Crisis Management and all aspects of Business Continuity Management. My approach is to adapt and apply good practice crisis and continuity management techniques to help clients to develop and implement enhanced business resilience. Particular experience includes implementing supply chain continuity management solutions, training senior crisis management teams, developing Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plans, and assessing proposed solutions to ensure that critical processes and resources are recoverable within required timescales.
Partner in Corpress, delivering corporate programmes in resilience and risk. Previously employed as a principal consultant for market leaders in Crisis and Continuity management including Petrofac Training Services. Link Associates International and Deloitte. I have also been the Crisis and Continuity Manager for a large international insurance company.
- Design and conduct of large and small scale simulation exercises to demonstrate C&CM readiness for a range of businesses including the, oil, pharmaceutical, finance, transport and food industries.
- Delivery of 3 day workshops on BCM techniques in Malaysia, China and Europe
- Implementing a BC programme for a shipping company including developing and conducting the BIA, compiling BC Plans and rolling out the programme through awareness training and exercises.
- Review and update of BIA and BCP for a division of an oil and gas exploration and production company in the Caspian.
- Project manager for development and delivery of a continuity management programme for a new global call centre operation.
- Subject matter expert to support a business seeking and achieving certification to ISO22301 (International BCM standard)
- Integrating internal and external communications over a range of platforms.
- Implementing supply chain resilience assessment and improvement programmes.
- Developing the HR incident response to deliver an effective ‘due care’ capability.
- Member of the British Standards Institute (BSI) panels developing national and international risk and business continuity standards
- Project leader for ISO standard on Supply Chain Continuity Management
- Panel member at BCI World Conference on standards development
- Speaker at Business Continuity and Recovery Planning for Oil and Gas Producers Conference (Abu Dhabi)
- Speaker at BCM World Conference on ‘Impact Assessment in Risk Aware Businesses’.
- Co-author of BSI PD25666 on Exercise and Testing
- Co-author of BSI PD25222 BCM in the supply chain.